What is an Exercise Physiologist?
An Exercise Physiologist prescribes safe and effective evidence based exercise to help you manage chronic conditions, injuries and disabilities. We help to increase quality of life, mobility in the home and community and manage activities of daily living.
Our B Mee Exercise Physiologists specialise in:
- Osteoporosis + Osteoarthritis + Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Heart and Lung conditions
- Diabetes management + Diabetes Education Classes
- Chronic pain (back, neck etc..)
- Pre and post natal exercise
- Pre and post surgical rehabilitation
- Clinical Pilates
- Child Development
- + more
An Exercise Physiologist can assist you with:
- Musculoskeletal rehabilitation for pre and post surgery or injury.
- Physiological conditions including blood pressure issues, elevated cholesterol, cardiac conditions, respiratory conditions, neurological conditions and digestive and renal conditions.
- Psychological conditions such as depression, anxiety and other mental health conditions.
- Lifestyle conditions such as diabetes and obesity.
- Weight loss and general exercise and diet prescription.
- Falls prevention and balance
- Exercise intervention for goal specific tasks.
What can you expect at your appointment?
At B Mee Allied Health an initial exercise physiology consult consists of a medical history screening, goal setting, movement analysis and condition relevant assessments followed by education and exercise prescription.
Our Exercise Physiologists are available for appointments at our Hervey Bay clinic, hydrotherapy and home visits.
B Mee Allied Health is a business inspired by making a positive difference in someone's life through providing resources and guidance.