What is a Credentialled Diabetes Educator?
A Credentialled Diabetes Educator (CDE) has specialised knowledge and professional development in the field of diabetes education. CDE’s assist people with diabetes and those at risk of developing diabetes by empowering them to effectively self-manage the care and treatment of their diabetes or prediabetes
DIABETES EDUCATORS CAN ALSO PROVIDE:
- Support and assistance for the person and their families and carers
- Education and training
- Medication education
- Clinical care and management
- Information and knowledge about diabetes
- Strategies and skills to adapt to life with diabetes
- Assistance with setting realistic self-management goals
What can you expect at your appointment?
At B Mee Allied Health an initial Diabetes Educator consult consists of a medical history screening, goal setting, movement analysis and condition relevant assessments followed by education and exercise prescription.
Our Diabetes Educator are available for appointments at our Hervey Bay clinic, hydrotherapy and home visits.
B Mee Allied Health is a business inspired by making a positive difference in someone's life through providing resources and guidance.